Facebook has yet another update to its appearance coming soon and this one is vastly different than the current Facebook layout everyone is used to seeing. If you would like to enable this feature on your Facebook profile page before the official release, here’s how to do it (nothing wrong with it either, I’ve been running the Facebook TimeLine feature since yesterday and I think it’s great):
1. Do a search in the Facebook bar for the app called Developer, an official Facebook app.
2. Click “Allow” when prompted to do so by the App.
3. Click the “Create New App” button.
4. Give your app name a name and a Namespace, whatever works for you really. I think I did Timeline and fbtline for my two.
5. After verifying you are real through the text prompt, you will come to a page for your app. Click on “Open Graph” on the right hand side of the screen.
6. You will then be taken to a screen called Getting Started With Open Graph. Put anything you like in the two text boxes.
7. After entering your text, do nothing on the next page except SAVE CHANGES and NEXT.
8. You’ll then be taken to the Open Graph page. Do nothing and return to your Facebook profile page.
9. When you arrive to your Facebook profile page you will be prompted by Facebook to enable its new TimeLine feature. Success.